Introduction – About us and our website
If we make any major changes to our privacy practices, we’ll let you know. This privacy notice and policy was last updated on 5 June 2018.
The website we operate is: https://claphamgrand.com/, its related domains and sub domains (Our Website) which is hosted by Digital Ocean on Linux based locked down servers.
Privacy Notice- A summary of the data we collect and your rights
1.Types of Personal Data we have and where we collect it from:
Depending on the service we are providing, we collect and store different types of information including your full name, date of birth, age, email address, telephone number, social media contact details and marketing preferences. This can be collected when you buy tickets for an event, book an area, contact us, use or website or engage with our social media pages.
2. How we use your Personal Data:
We collect and use your information for a number of reasons, such as helping you get into the events you love, for marketing purposes and as otherwise required by law.
3. Who we share your Personal Data with and how we look after your information:
We may share your information with the event partner – such as an external promoter putting on an event at The Grand or the ticketing partner used to purchase a ticket or Mailchimp if you have consented to us contacting you for marketing purposes. We will never sell, rent or trade email lists with other companies and businesses for marketing purposes.
We will take all appropriate steps to ensure your Personal Data is processed and stored securely. We will delete your data if when the purpose for which it has been collected has been fulfilled (subject to certain exceptions set out below), or if you ask us to delete it.
4. Your rights
By giving your consent, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. If you do not give your consent, please navigate away from Our Website. You may withdraw your consent at any time. An explanation of your rights is set out below.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation (as defined below), the data controller is The Grand of 21-25 St. John’s Hill, Clapham, London, SW11 1TT.
If you have any questions about the above, or our approach to privacy, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and our dedicated Data Protection Officer will reply. Although we encourage you to try and let us help you first where at all possible, if you are not satisfied with any action taken by us or response given, you have the right to complain to Information Commissioner at http://www.ico.gov.uk, or help line telephone number: 0303 1231113.
In this policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
Cookie: a small file placed on your computer or device by Our Website when you visit certain parts of Our Website and/or when you use certain features of Our Website.
Cookie Law: means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
Data Protection Legislation: up to but excluding 25 May 2018, the Data Protection Act 1998 and thereafter:
• (a) unless and until the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR) is no longer directly applicable in the UK, the GDPR and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK; and then
• (b) any successor legislation to the GDPR or the Data Protection Act 1998.
Data Subject: a natural identifiable person.
Personal Data: has the meaning set out in the Data Protection Legislation, being as at the data of this policy, any data which identifies a natural person (by way of example, name, address, phone number and so on).
2. What this policy covers
This policy sets out in more detail:
• What Personal Data of yours is collected:
– on Our Website, when you interact with it;
– when you download from Our Website;
– when you interact Our Website’s advertising and applications on third party websites and services.
• What organisation is collecting the information;
• How the information is used;
• With whom the information may be shared;
• What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information;
• What kind of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under The Grand’s control;
• How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information; and
• How you can request the information we process and store to be removed.
3. We may make changes to these terms and our website
We may update and change these terms and our website from time to time for a variety of reasons. By way of examples: to reflect changes to the services we offer, user’s needs, regulatory or legal requirements. Every time you wish to use Our Website, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
4. Children under the age of 18
Persons under the age of 18 are not eligible to use our services and we ask that minors do not submit any personal information to us. We will not knowingly accept any data from a person who is under the age of 18 years.
5. Information We Collect from you
We will collect and process the following information:
• When you use Our Website, we collect information such as the browser and device you’re using, your IP address, your location, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, the site you came from, what you did and didn’t use Our Website for, or the site you visit when you leave us.
• Information about your visit to Our Website, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from Our Website (including date and time), download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call us.
• When you book an area either directly with us or with our booking partner Design My Night, we will collect your contact and billing information including your full name, date of birth, age, email address, telephone number, social media contact details and marketing preferences, subject to you giving us your consent to process and store your Personal Data for marketing purposes.
• If you purchase tickets to one of our events, or an event for which we are a co-promoter, we will receive your information from ticket agents used to sell tickets for our promoted and co-promoted events. This includes your name, contact details and ticket purchase information, such as number of tickets bought and seat number(s) if applicable.
• When you attend one of our events, we may collect your information via video surveillance cameras (we use signs where such cameras are used) or from our free Wifi (if you register to use it).
• If you decide to sign up for one of our promotions or prize draws, we may collect your name, address, e mail and contact telephone number to enter you into the promotion or prize draw;
• If you make an enquiry about a party booking or apply to be on one of our guest lists we collect your name, date of birth, number in your party and contact telephone number.
• We want to make sure you have the best experience when attending events. If you have accessibility requirements or other special needs, we will ask you to provide details of your requirements which we will then use to ensure your needs are catered for. The Personal Data you provide may include details of you mental or physical health. This is known as ‘Sensitive Personal Data’ under GDPR.
6. How We Use Your Information
We will use your Personal Data in the following ways:
– To provide services to you, including but not limited to buying merchandise or a ticket so we can process your order, take payment, and provide you with customer support;
– To improve the efficiency of Our Website;
– To deal with your lost property enquiry;
– To manage your group booking or room hire request;
– To conduct market research and analysis which helps improve and customise our products and services;
– To send you customer service emails including booking confirmations and event reminders. We will not use your Personal Data for marketing purposes unless you have given your consent;
– To notify you of changes to our services;
– To stay in touch with you about upcoming events which may be of interest to you if you have given your consent to us contacting you for marketing purposes;
– To administer and update Our Website to ensure it runs smoothly on your hardware;
– To help us personalise our services to you. For example, if you purchase tickets to movie events, we will inform you about other movie events we think you might be interested in;
– To deal with your enquiry with a view to entering into a contract with you;
– To enter you into our prize draw or promotion if you submit your details;
– To cater for your needs when you attend one of our events;
– To prevent or detect unlawful behaviour, to protect or enforce our legal rights or as otherwise permitted by law. For example, making sure tickets get into the hands of real fans. As such, we may use your information to prevent ticket touting, misuse of our intellectual property (e.g. our or our Event Partner’s brands), fraud, or other crimes.
7. Where we store your Personal Data
• As referred to above, all information you provide to us is stored on Linux based locked down servers. We use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology to encrypt the data on the Our Website. The parties with whom we share your data to perform our contract with you may have different arrangements in place.
• Personal Data is not stored on Our Website. We take all reasonable technical, organisation and security steps to ensure that the information you supply to us over the internet is secure.
• We only keep your information for as long as required to provide you with the services you request, for the purposes outlined in this policy and for any legal purposes for which we are obliged to keep the information. We will securely delete your information when it is no longer required for these purposes, in line with our company policies.
8. Your Rights
As a Data Subject under the Data Protection Legislation you have the following rights:
• You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will not share your information with third party marketing agencies without your consent. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at: email@example.com.
• Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
• You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you, this is known as a data subject access request. For further details please contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• You have the right to ask us to rectify the data we hold in the event that it contains inaccuracies or is incomplete. To discuss this please contact us on: email@example.com.
• You have the right to ask us to erase your Personal Data we hold if: (i) it is no longer necessary for us to hold the data; (ii) you wish to withdraw your consent to us holding the data; (iii) you object to us holding or processing the data; (iv) you believe that we have processed the data unlawfully; or (v) the data needs to be erased for us to comply with a particular legal obligation.
9. Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your Personal Data with:
• Selected third parties including:
– third-party ticket agents such as Design My Night or Fatsoma;
– Mailchimp for the purpose of sending your marketing e mails about upcoming events;
– in addition to the above other business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
– analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of Our Website.
• Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
• To a prospective buyer or seller if we sell or buy any business or assets.
10. Suppliers and Other Service Providers
We use third party suppliers and service providers to facilitate our services. Where any service provider collects information directly from you (for example, third-party ticket providers or if we ask a service provider to conduct a survey for us) you will be notified of the involvement of the supplier or service provider, and all information disclosures you make will be strictly optional.
• Strictly Necessary Cookies – a Cookie falls into this category if it is essential to the operation of the Our Website, supporting functions such as logging in.
• Analytics and Flash Cookies – it is important for The Grand to understand how you use the Our Website. For example, how efficiently you are able to navigate around it, and what features you use. Analytics Cookies enable us to gather this information, helping The Grand to improve Our Website and your experience of it. If you would like to opt out of Google Analytics being able to track your movement then please install: Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
• Functionality Cookies – enable us to provide additional functions to you on Our Website such as personalisation and remembering your saved preferences. Some functionality Cookies may also be strictly necessary Cookies, but not all necessarily fall into that category.
• Persistent Cookies – any of the above types of Cookie may be a persistent Cookie. Persistent Cookies are those which remain on your computer or device for a predetermined period and are activated each time you visit Our Website.
• Session Cookies – any of the above types of Cookie may be a session Cookie. Session Cookies are temporary and only remain on your computer or device from the point at which you visit Our Website until you close your browser. Session Cookies aren’t deleted when you close your browser, to delete these cookies you will need to clear your browser history.
• Web beacons – certain pages on Our Website and e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons. Web beacons permit The Grand to monitor the volume of users of Our Website and the popularity of certain pages.
Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device you will be shown a cookie compliance statement, requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling us to provide you with the best possible experiences and services to you. You may wish to deny consent to the placing of the Cookies at which point we request you cease using the website.
In addition to the controls that The Grand provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies and the web beacons referred to above in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies, but this can be changed. For further details, please access the help menu in your internet browser.